Enjoy what are probably the most beautiful views of all the hotels in Bad Hofgastein at the Stern, your hiking hotel in Gastein. Our fitness studio is located right on our doorstep, in nature. Hiking brings joy, makes you want for more, makes you feel free. If it’s your first time in Austria, the best way to discover the beauty of this country is while hiking during your hiking holidays in Bad Hofgastein. Put on your hiking shoes and discover the magnificent mountain scenery of Gastein, where crystal-clear, healing thermal water has been thundering from the primitive rocks for thousands of years. As your hosts, we’ll hike with you and show you the most beautiful aspects of the natural surroundings.
The Stern is the starting point for wonderful hiking tours in Bad Hofgastein. Feel the nature when swimming in the Gastein mountain lakes, enjoy authentic taste sensations: fresh milk, cheese and bacon directly from the mountain farmers. The region welcomes many hiking tour aficionados every year for their hiking holidays in Bad Hofgastein.
We as your hosts are passionate hikers. On our tours, we have discovered many unique natural wonders and secrets of the Gastein mountains that we show our guests with pride.
- Weekly themed hikes: "herbal hiking“, "Gipfelsturm" ("summiteering"), etc.
- Guided hikes
- Expert hiking and touring advice at the front desk
- The hiking snack from the breakfast buffet is included
- Even if you start early in the morning, a summiteer breakfast awaits you
- Backpacks, trekking poles, water bottles and rain protection are available for free rental
- Hiking / tour descriptions are available
- Monthly special hiking weeks: “Almrosenwandern", "Herbstfrische", etc.
Have we piqued your hiking passion? We look forward to receiving your inquiry and will send you your individual hiking offer right away.
Safely on tour in the mountains. We are trained hiking guides and will advise you on joint or individual hiking tours depending on weather conditions. During half-day and full-day tours, we’ll start by showing you the hiking basics before starting our tours – invigorated and well-prepared.
All our hiking guides aim to ensure you enjoy an unforgettable, typically Austrian hiking vacation on the most beautiful hiking trails in Gastein Valley.
This wide range of active hiking options makes it all the more important to have the right equipment with you. What you should bring includes the following:
- adequate footwear (supportive and waterproof)
- breathable clothing for all weather conditions (rain, cold, sun), especially for winter hiking
- a first aid kit
We will gladly advise you as to your breathtaking mountain experience in Gastein in the province of Salzburg depending on your physical condition and skill level. You can also rent hiking equipment from us for free.
After eventful hiking in Gastein, you can enjoy some relaxation in the Sternenreich spa area followed by a delicious dinner.